Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

And more

"Once you have loved someone, you'd do anything in the world for them... except love them again." - Anonymous
"Love is like war: Easy to begin but hard to end." - Anonymous
"Love has the power of making you believe what you would normally treat with the deepest suspicion." - Mirabeau
"Three things can't be hidden: coughing, poverty, and love." - Yiddish proverb
"The most wasted day is that in which we have not laughed." - Chamfort
From Moonstruck:
I.
Rose: Do you love him, Loretta?
Loretta Castorini: No.
Rose: Good. When you love them they drive you crazy because they know they can.
II.
Rose: Do you love him, Loretta?
Loretta Castorini: Aw, ma, I love him awful.
Rose: Oh, God, that's too bad. 
"I detest 'love lyrics.' I think one of the causes of bad mental health in the United States is that people have been raised on 'love lyrics." - Frank Zappa
"You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap." - Dolly Parton
"I should like to see any kind of a man, distinguishable from a gorilla, that some good and even pretty woman could not shape a husband out of." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
"A woman might as well propose: her husband will claim she did." - Edgar Watson Howe
"I feel like Zsa Zsa Gabor's eighth husband on her wedding night: I know what I'm supposed to do...I just have to figure out a way to make it interesting." - many attributions
"No man is truly married until he understands every word his wife is NOT saying." - unknown
"An old man who marries a young wife grows younger - but she grows older." - folk saying

No comments:

Post a Comment