Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Taylor Swift Talks Taylor Lautner Breakup

Taylor Swift and boyfriend Taylor Lautner have split up.
The couple, who met on the set of the movie “Valentine’s Day,” began dating a little more than three months ago, but “it just wasn’t happening,” a Swift source tells Gossip Cop.
The insider added, “They met, they liked each other, went out a few times, but the media made a bigger deal of it than it was because they’re young and attractive.”
And while the two Taylors each jokingly acknowledged their budding relationship when hosting “Saturday Night Live,” it was never a whirlwind romance. The source described it as two young people going on a few (well-documented) dates, but it never materializing into anything more serious.
The break-up, says the insider, was “not big or dramatic,” nor was the romance “contrived,” as an Us Weekly source termed it.
“It just wasn’t happening,” reiterated the source, who said the two stars are still “going to be friends.” However, the relationship officially fizzled when Lautner, 17, flew to Nashville for Swift's birthday party on Dec. 13, a friend of the singer reveals. "He liked her more than she liked him," the source tells Us. "He went everywhere he could to see her, but she didn't travel much to see him."
Taylor Swift New York Magazine interview: 'I think a lot of people expected me to write a song about [West]. But, for me, it was important to write a song to him. It doesn't really add anything good if I start victimizing myself and complaining about things. Because I'm proud of that performance at the VMAs last year,
..where my fans helped me get through it. And there was a lot that went down backstage that I will always be thankful for, and the fans in the subway know exactly what happened that night. I feel everything. I've never had this thick skin that can't be... It's not like I am bulletproof in any sense of the word.'
On 'The Story of Us' about Taylor Lautner: 'It was at an awards show, and there had been this falling-out between me and this guy. I think both of us had so much that we wanted to say, but we're sitting six seats away from each other, just fighting this silent war of 'I don't care that you're here,'
..I remember getting home and sitting at the kitchen table, and saying to my mom, 'It was like I was standing alone in a crowded room.' That's when my eyes glazed over, and I got distracted and walked away to write. 'My mom is used to me doing that.'
I think I've developed, as many people do, this sense of 'Don't say the wrong thing, or else people will point at you and laugh. In your personal life, that can lead to being guarded and not making what you feel clear in the moments that you're feeling it. For me, it's never really fearing saying what's on my mind in my music, but sometimes having a problem with it in life. Sometimes you lose the moment.'

No comments:

Post a Comment